Re: Keep config?

Hans wrote:
> Hi folks,
>
> thanks for the answwers, but I believe, my question was not clear enough.
>
> What I wanted to know, if there is an option, like
>
> apt-get upgrade --keep-my-configs (or --overwrite-my-config)
>
> or
>
> aptitude upgrade --keep-my-configs (or overwrite-my-config)
>
> or similar, to let my changed configs be overwritten (i.e. by the maintainers
> config), or left it kept. I do not want the interactive dialog, which is
> questioning me during an upgrade.
>
> Please note, I do not want interactive question fully deactivated (which is
> possible), just deactivate it for own edited configs.

It's a dpkg config option set:

/etc/dpkg/dpkg.cfg

    confnew: If a conffile has been modified and the version in
the package did change, always install the new version without
prompting, unless the --force-confdef is also specified, in
which case the default action is preferred.

    confold: If a conffile has been modified and the version in
the package did change, always keep the old version without
prompting, unless the --force-confdef is also specified, in
which case the default action is preferred.

    confdef: If a conffile has been modified and the version in
the package did change, always choose the default action without
prompting. If there is no default action it will stop to ask the
user unless --force-confnew or --force-confold is also been
given, in which case it will use that to decide the final
action.

-dsr-