Re: Privacy and defamation of character on Debian public forums

On 9/25/21 5:10 PM, The Wanderer wrote:
On 2021-09-25 at 20:00, Greg Wooledge wrote:

On Sat, Sep 25, 2021 at 07:51:18PM -0400, rhkramer@gmail.com wrote:

On Saturday, September 25, 2021 07:43:04 PM rhkramer@gmail.com
wrote:
I had to look up the meaning of FAOD.  Are you kidding me?  What
did I do or say to get a response like that?

I may have misunderstood which message you were pointing to -- I
was interested in the message that Chuck wrote that prompted all
the criticism.

So a misunderstanding about which message we each were talking
about, but FAOD???

And if FAOD means what I found on the internet, that must violate
the Debian CoC.
Oops, I may need to apologize -- I googled for FAOD, but in googles
own "it knows better" manner, it showed me definitios of FOAD :-(
I've been assuming it was a typo for FOAD, but I don't know what you
said to provoke that reaction.

If it really was FAOD then I have no idea what it stands for.

I too had no clue... and was shocked at the FOAD hits I got

today Google is actually different:
10 pages searching for "FAOD"  resulted in nothing but fatty acid links.
then the suggested search: "FAOD meaning" got me to this:

Acronym    Definition
FAOD    Forever and One Day
FAOD    Free App of the Day
FAOD    Fatty Acid Oxidation Disorder
FAOD    Fructosyl-Amino Acid Oxidase (biochemistry)
FAOD    Furry Army of Doom (online group)
FAOD    For Avoidance Of Doubt (chiefly British)

rhkramer correctly identified it in the most recent reply: "For
Avoidance of Doubt".
that is comforting
LOL (laughing out loud)
It hadn't occurred to me that it wouldn't be
readily recognizable in these circles, or that Google wouldn't find it
easily. (I may actually be more surprised by the latter than by the former.)