Re: foolish problem with installer: can't load firmware

On Tue, 21 Sep 2021 20:49:20 +0100
piorunz <piorunz@gmx.com> wrote:

Hello piorunz,

>On 21/09/2021 16:56, Brad Rogers wrote:
>> Finally, let us not forget that even the official installers seek to
>> install non-free blobs to get certain hardware working where
>> necessary. The installation inevitably stalls at that point.  Hardly
>> a good first impression.
>Many Linux distributions are made that way. After all, we want to come

Ah, sorry:  It was not my intention to imply that Debian is unique in
that regard.

However, given that......

>away from closed source software. Debian tries to avoid all closed
>source and/or non-free software, as per The Debian Free Software

.....perhaps my comment regarding 'a good first impression' can be seen
in the light in which it was meant.

Personally, I'm not too fussed the blobs and non-free stuff, but I can
understand some people's reluctance to use 'black box' software.  Without
them, there wouldn't be as much free software as we all currently enjoy.
All power to them.

--
 Regards  _
         / )      "The blindingly obvious is never immediately apparent"