Re: foolish problem with installer: can't load firmware

On Tue, 21 Sep 2021 15:03:07 -0000 (UTC)
Curt <curty@free.fr> wrote:

Hello Curt,

>Unofficial denotes unsanctioned, unauthorized, unauthoritative, etc., so
>the term quite naturally makes some people a little wary.

And in the context of the installation ISOs, unfortunate.  It works
well.  Or at least, that is my finding - I used the AMD64 netinstall ISO.

I think 'Unofficial' simply means in this case that, in the event of
installation failure, you can't get official support from Debian.  One
can, of course, still ask here.

Despite the 'unofficial' epithet, the ISOs are still available from the
official Debian web site.  That may assist in alleviating some of the
(perfectly understandable) reticence people will have.

Finally, let us not forget that even the official installers seek to
install non-free blobs to get certain hardware working where necessary.
The installation inevitably stalls at that point.  Hardly a good first
impression.

--
 Regards  _
         / )      "The blindingly obvious is never immediately apparent"