Re: Tips/advice for installing latest version of fzf?

OK, so I dropped the new fzf into /usr/local/bin. I confirmed it is
the correct version with:

admin@ip-172-30-0-226 /usr/local/bin
$ ./fzf --version
0.27.2 (e086f0b)

"echo $PATH" reports:

/usr/local/bin:/usr/bin:/bin:/usr/games

So it looks like any binary in /usr/local/bin should load first.

However, "which fzf" reports the /usr/bin as the location:

/usr/bin/fzf

I'm using zsh.

What am I missing?

So I renamed /usr/bin/fzf to /usr/bin/fzf~ and "which" finds the new fzf in /usr/local/bin. So I guess I have a bad misunderstanding of how $PATH works and directories that come later get loaded instead of directories that come earlier. Can this be right?