Re: Canonical way to configure bonds for Bullseye

On 30/08/2021 17:18, Dan Ritter wrote:
George Shuklin wrote:

We are building Debian bullsye images for our bare-metal servers, and there
is a bit of ambiguity on 'canonical way to configure network bonds'.
Wiki gives options with ifenslave and systemd-networkd, and there is an
option to do it with post-up and ip route.
ifenslave is broken due to #991930, but it can be easily patched.

Which way is least surprise for a Debian user (for you)?

1. bond-slaves in interfaces

Example:

auto bond0

   iface bond0

   inet static

   bond-slaves eth0 eth1
bond interfaces imply a nice static config, so the interfaces
file is definitely least surprising.

Thank you for feedback!

Now I need to choose between `bond-slave` and `slave` stanza.

There are two pages in wiki, contradicting each other:

https://wiki.debian.org/Bonding#Configuration_-_Example_1

Says to to use `bond-slaves`

and

https://wiki.debian.org/NetworkConfiguration