TV hdmi overscan issues

Hello,
I recently upgraded a NUC (which is my kodi media server) to bullseye.
I always had an issue with the overscan of my TV monitor.
The overscan cannot be disabled on the monitor (it is an 16 year old
sharp). And I tried to compensate via xrandr --transform, which I never
was able to figure out. But you can set in kodi the display to compensate for
this. You still can do this, however kodi(bullseye) forgets these settings,
which means you have to configure this after every new start of kodi.
I think this might be a bug. But now I want o try again to solve the overscan
issue on system level (most likely again with xrandr)
Now this sytem runs with wayland and for any combination of the --transform
matrix I currently get an error:
X Error of failed request: BadValue (Integer parameter out of range for operation)

the initail try was just
xrandr --output XWAYLAND3 --mode 1280x720 --transform 1.05,0,-10,0,1,0,0,0,1
to shift the x axis.
Is this a wayland issue?

-H

--