Re: Solved! Re: old handicam movie camera and kino

On Sun, Aug 29, 2021 at 11:14:46AM -0400, Gene Heskett wrote:
> On Sunday 29 August 2021 10:16:01 tomas@tuxteam.de wrote:

[...]

> > [...] Catting /etc/passwd to it actually produces some sound,
> > albeit the accent is a bit... slithery ;-)
>
> And was an endless machine gun until ctl+c'd here. cat should have ended
> at some point but I let it hammer for a good minute.

You actually tried it :-o

I didn't expect anything meaningful out of it; just testing that there's
a path from /dev/dsp to the speakers. I was just too lazy to find out
which kind of sound format is digestible by /dev/dsp.

Funny, though, that it took so long for you. You must have a truly big
/etc/passwd...

> Then sound in kino worked, quite well in fact.

\o/

Glad it worked.

Cheers
 - t