Network down incorrect........

	From my keyboard:

	Hello all,

	Since Bullseye went stable, updated on my 12 month old HP
	laptop. When attempting to bring up the wireless interface with
	ifup.

The message on the screen tells me the "network is down", which is
incorrect. Because on another Bullseye machine it works perfectly. as
it did on this one before it went stable.

It gives the message:

RTNETLINK answers: Operation not possible due to RF-kill

Then tries to connect for about 12 or so tries.

I have not installed rfkill, and can't find it to uninstall it.

On the web there is a reference to this "RTNETLINK answers: Operation
not possible due to RF-kill" on Archlinux where it was solved by
bringing the BIOS back to default. I tried that, but temporarily locked
myself out of the system. Then asking me to install an operating system
on the hard drive. I brought that back buy returning the BIOS to when
it booted the system.

I can use the Ethernet port and cable to connect to the internet with
that machine, however, did connect wirelessly when Bullseye was testing.

Any pointers would be appreciated.

TIA,
Charlie

		East Gippsland Wildlife Rehabilitators Inc..
                           http://www.egwildlife.com.au/

--
	Registered Linux User:- 329524

	The fool doth think he is wise, but the wise man knows himself
	to be a fool. --William Shakespeare

	Debian GNU/Linux - Magic indeed.