Re: amdgpu broken on bookworm?

Jeffrey Chimene wrote:

  just to note that using "bookworm" in your subject line can
give the implication that "bookworm" is actually released which
it hasn't.  it is much better to use the keyword "testing" in
the subject line instead.

> Something happened to my amd firmware for a ryzen3 3200g. A few weeks
> ago, this machine made an uneventful transition to bookworm. I'd
> originally installed bullseye and the non-free firmware package to get
> the firmware for this setup. Everything was fine until yesterday, after
> some bookworm updates and a reboot. No more video driver for X.
>
> I've tried downgrading to stable from testing. No joy.
>
> I've wiped /lib/firmware and reinstalled firmware-amd-graphics. No joy.
> I've checked
>
> I just booted ubuntu live and graphics are high resolution.
>
> It feels like there's some setting in /proc or /sys that got changed
> accidentally.
>
> Any debugging tips?

  it does not take that much space to set up a separate
partition for stable on a system to keep a working version
available and for comparison.  this is what i do.

  songbird