Re: Debian 11 and Win10 dual boot

On Sat, Aug 28, 2021, 6:06 AM Joe <joe@jretrading.com> wrote:
On Sat, 28 Aug 2021 11:14:28 +0300
ellanios82 <ellanios82@gmail.com> wrote:

> On 28/8/21 Intense Red:
> > How can Windows be lobotomized
>

>    - maybe Install VirtualBox, & ONLY run windows inside Linux

The Home version won't be licensed for use in a VM, and may be
engineered not to work at all in one. The Pro version should, but costs
a fair bit

I have Windows 10 PRO running in qemu-kvm under Stable Bullseye (though installed when it was Testing Bullseye).

When I discussed my Windows 10 PRO purchase with them, the earlier part of the conversation was, before I had selected PRO over Home and the person on the phone did not bring up anything about Home on Virtual environments.

So my suspicion is that it will, at least technically run in a Virtual environment.

Good luck!

Kenneth Parker