LUKS encryption help

Good evening,

I'm having some worrying problems with LUKS my Debian 10 installation on an external hard drive. As I'm not very technical, I'll try to explain what I did and what is happening now in chronological order.

Around May I installed Debian 10 on my (external) hard drive in BIOS (not UEFI) mode for backup purposes. In the end of June I took the drive out of the drawer and tried to boot into it but to my surprise my LUKS encryption password does not work anymore.
I'm very sure I am typing it right because I had written it into a piece of paper. I have tried to unlock and mount it inside my OS (Manjaro) instead of booting it directly but it also didn't work, and I have also tried to boot in Recovery Mode but to no avail. Every time I type in my password it says it's wrong ("Bad password or options" or someting like that).

Please help. I have many important documents and pictures inside that drive.
Sorry for my badEnglish.