Re: Sid: Korean input

황병희 <soyeomul@doraji.xyz> writes:

> Hellow!
>
> Grzesiek <pld@sojka.co> writes:
>
>> Hi there,
>>
>> I was asked to install Korean input on XFCE4 environment. I have never
>> done this before and I do not speak Korean.
>>
>> First question is if it is possible to get Korean input using standard
>> US keyboard?
>>
>> I tried to follow this manual:
>> https://linuxreviews.org/HOWTO_get_Korean_input_on_Debian
>> Unfortunately, no luck. I added the following to .bashrc:
>> export GTK_IM_MODULE=ibus
>> export QT_IM_MODULE=ibus
>> export XMODIFIERS=@im=ibus
>> but ibus-setup still asks to add these variables. ibus-daemon is not
>> started automatically. So:
>>
>> Is there any more detailed how-to? It would be perfect to have
>> switchable English and Korean input.
>>
>> How to test? Remember I do not speak Korean and I have never used
>> Korean input.
>>

> Sorry man Greg. There is no general way. Because there are many linux
> distro and many input method program for Korean.
>
> To me, i am using Nabi under Ubuntu 18.04 LTS currently.
>
> Though, you would be wait for 30 days. Maybe i am willing to install
> Debian 11 *Bullseye* into my new hardware (AMD Ryzen notebook).

Ah for a while i am stick aroud chromebook. So now i did install debian
11 bullseye into chromebook via linux support for chrome os. That is
easy but Korean input is not easy. And i did setup Korean input
environment by ~/.emacs.

#+BEGIN_SRC: emacs lisp
(set-fontset-font "fontset-default"
		  'hangul "Noto Sans Mono CJK KR")
(set-input-method "korean-hangul")
(global-set-key (kbd "<C-SPC>") 'toggle-input-method)
#+END_SRC

I am now input Korean with above 3 lines only under GNU Emacs.

This is my distro information on Chrome OS:
soyeomul@penguin:~$ lsb_release -a
No LSB modules are available.
Distributor ID:	Debian
Release:	11