Re: Sid: Korean input

Hellow!

Grzesiek <pld@sojka.co> writes:

> Hi there,
>
> I was asked to install Korean input on XFCE4 environment. I have never
> done this before and I do not speak Korean.
>
> First question is if it is possible to get Korean input using standard
> US keyboard?
>
> I tried to follow this manual:
> https://linuxreviews.org/HOWTO_get_Korean_input_on_Debian
> Unfortunately, no luck. I added the following to .bashrc:
> export GTK_IM_MODULE=ibus
> export QT_IM_MODULE=ibus
> export XMODIFIERS=@im=ibus
> but ibus-setup still asks to add these variables. ibus-daemon is not
> started automatically. So:
>
> Is there any more detailed how-to? It would be perfect to have
> switchable English and Korean input.
>
> How to test? Remember I do not speak Korean and I have never used
> Korean input.

Sorry man Greg. There is no general way. Because there are many linux
distro and many input method program for Korean.

To me, i am using Nabi under Ubuntu 18.04 LTS currently.

Though, you would be wait for 30 days. Maybe i am willing to install
Debian 11 *Bullseye* into my new hardware (AMD Ryzen notebook).

Sincerely, Byung-Hee from South Korea

--
^고맙습니다 _布德天下_ 감사합니다_^))//