Sid: Korean input

Hi there,

I was asked to install Korean input on XFCE4 environment. I have never done this before and I do not speak Korean.

First question is if it is possible to get Korean input using standard US keyboard?

I tried to follow this manual:
https://linuxreviews.org/HOWTO_get_Korean_input_on_Debian
Unfortunately, no luck. I added the following to .bashrc:
export GTK_IM_MODULE=ibus
export QT_IM_MODULE=ibus
export XMODIFIERS=@im=ibus
but ibus-setup still asks to add these variables. ibus-daemon is not started automatically. So:

Is there any more detailed how-to? It would be perfect to have switchable English and Korean input.

How to test? Remember I do not speak Korean and I have never used Korean input.

--

Thanks for any help in advance

Greg