Re: moderators, I would appreciate if you could interfere

weaver@riseup.net wrote:
>On 16-08-2021 11:29, lou wrote:
>> Andrew, i thought you r moderator because you post monthly list guideline
>>
>> and you speak kindly with some authority when some list user deviate
>
>By reputation, the list is unmoderated, and that's the way it used to
>be.
>It still bears the token title of an unmoderated list but, in reality, a
>small collective of the politically correct have placed it under their
>auspices to moderate it. They have all the rationale, they believe, to
>do so, but this is quite in contradiction with the principles of open
>source, so it's an interesting phenomenon to observe.

For the avoidance of doubt...

The debian-user list may be listed as "not moderated", but that just
means that posting is open by default. This mailing list, like all
Debian-hosted mailing lists, is subject to both the Debian mailing
list Code of Conduct and the main Debian Code of Conduct:

https://www.debian.org/code_of_conduct

As Andrew points out in his excellent and helpful regular posting:

  Inappropriate behaviour on the list may lead to warnings; repeated bad
  behaviour may lead to temporary or permanent bans for offenders.

If you're trying to label that as "politically correct" then I think
you may need to change your expectations. The "principles of open
source" do not include a free pass to be abusive to others.

"We're the technical experts.  We were hired so that management could
 ignore our recommendations and tell us how to do our jobs."  -- Mike Andrews