bullseye: systemd-networkd-wait-online timeouts

Hi,

I upgraded my virtual server to bullseye already and I found one issue
in the logs:

Aug 18 10:59:20 h2907737 systemd-networkd-wait-online[936688]: Event loop failed: Connection timed out
Aug 18 10:59:20 h2907737 apt-helper[936686]: E: Sub-process /lib/systemd/systemd-networkd-wait-online returned an error code (1)

For some reason systemd does not (fully?) recognize that the system is
online. The network is still configured using ifupdown with this
interfaces(5) file. I know it looks weird, but I have no control over it
on this system. The file is provided by my hosting provider:

| # This configuration file is auto-generated.
| # WARNING: Do not edit this file, otherwise your changes will be lost.
| # Please edit template /etc/network/interfaces.template instead.
|
| auto lo
| iface lo inet loopback
|
| # Auto generated venet0 interfaces
| auto venet0
| iface venet0 inet static
|         address 127.0.0.1
|         netmask 255.255.255.255
|         broadcast 0.0.0.0
|         up route add default dev venet0
| auto venet0:0
| iface venet0:0 inet static
|         address 85.x.y.z
|         netmask 255.255.255.255
|

| iface venet0 inet6 static
|         address 2a01:dead:beef:dead:beef:dead:beef:dead/128
|         up ip -6 r a default dev venet0

Systemd thinks the devices (even lo) are in state "pending":

# networkctl status -a
● 1: lo
                     Link File: n/a
                  Network File: n/a
                          Type: loopback
                         State: carrier (pending)
                    HW Address: 00:00:00:00:00:00
                           MTU: 65536
                         QDisc: noqueue
  IPv6 Address Generation Mode: eui64
          Queue Length (Tx/Rx): 1/1
                       Address: 127.0.0.1
                                ::1

● 2: venet0
                     Link File: n/a
                  Network File: n/a
                          Type: void
                         State: routable (pending)
                           MTU: 1500
                         QDisc: noqueue
  IPv6 Address Generation Mode: eui64
          Queue Length (Tx/Rx): 1/1
              Auto negotiation: no
                         Speed: 10Gbps
                        Duplex: full
                          Port: tp
                       Address: 85.x.y.z
                                127.0.0.1
                                2a01:dead:beef:dead:beef:dead:beef:dead

Is there anything I can do about this without changing
/etc/network/interfaces? As far as I understand, I cannot switch to
systemd network configuration as long as the interfaces file exists.

Regards,
Jochen
--
If nightclub doormen recognised me I would be more fulfilled.
[Agree]   [Disagree]