Re: Moving from Testing to Stable + Backports

>   some people have different goals than i.

You're correct.  Though I do have a primary goal to have a stable
system, I sometimes (albeit it's rare) I need to install package
that's not in stable, or I need some feature from a more recent
version of something which is why backports is important to me.

Up to now, I have been running Testing which has served me pretty
well.  I've been convinced by discussion here to move to Stable +
Backports.

I included Experimental which probably was a mistake and I probably
meant Unstable.  (I can see Greg rolling his eyes...)

Here's a blog post I was looking at: https://rabexc.org/posts/apt-config

This is very close, if not exactly, what I want to do.  I'm very aware
about mixing releases.  If you ever do this, you need to be very
careful not to suck in a ton of dependencies.  Greg is correct, you
can at the click of a key unwittingly install so many dependencies
that your system becomes that release.