Re: Still on stretch, getting ready for bullseye

https://www.debian.org/releases/stable/amd64/release-notes/

> root@coyote:~$ apt update
> Hit:1 http://security.debian.org stretch/updates InRelease
> Hit:2 http://linuxcnc.org stretch InRelease
> Hit:3 https://deb.debian.org/debian oldstable InRelease
> Hit:4
> http://mirror.ppa.trinitydesktop.org/trinity/trinity-builddeps-r14.0.0/debian
> stretch InRelease
> Hit:5 http://mirror.ppa.trinitydesktop.org/trinity/trinity-r14.0.0/debian
> stretch InRelease
> Reading package lists... Done
> Building dependency tree
> Reading state information... Done
> 2588 packages can be upgraded. Run 'apt list --upgradable' to see them.
>
> 2 hours later it still wants to do that. That is enough to put me on
> buster. IF it works.

You literally have the word "oldstable" in your sources.list for your
main Debian repository?  That's a really unsound practice.  It will lead
to unexpected release upgrades (or worse, unexpected *failed* release
upgrades).

You also have multiple third-party repositories in your sources.list.
It's strongly recommended that you remove those during the release
upgrade.  You may or may not also have to remove the *packages* that
came from them.  It'll be on an "at your own risk" basis if you don't.