Re: Issues with Bullseye

On Mon 16 Aug 2021 at 15:16:35 +0100, Brian wrote:

[...]

> My conclusion is that the line in § 5.1.3 in the Release Notes is
> either an overenthusiastic entry or a typo. Either way the advice
> there should really be consistent with what the installer does,
> even if it does not lead to any problems.

As sometimes happens...

The URL http://deb.debian.org/debian-security points to the Fastly CDN,
which supports htps. hppts:// in place of http:// therefore shouldn't
lead to any problems.

Regarding cosustency: the prevailing opinion at

is that

  It does not make sense to use https. All data is authenticated
  using GPG signatures. https only offers some encryption on top
  of that,...

The installer falls in with that view; the Release Notes doesn't.

--
Brian.