Re: Error starting any Debian installation (on an AMD SEV enabled KVM)

Yes, unfortunately, this is necessary to use SEV. Please take a look at these instructions.

https://libvirt.org/kbase/launch_security_sev.html
https://developer.amd.com/sev/

The settings memtune, uefi, iommu are required to use launchSecurity = sev

The use for secured KVM using AMD Secure Encrypted Virtualization (SEV) is unfortunately not mentioned in your link.

I showed you how to create a KVM and boot it to an Ubuntu or Centos image. It works that way but not with Debian. The question that arises is what is different about the other images than Debian Images. If you want I can of course also test other OS.

with --location http://deb.debian.org/debian/dists/buster/main/installer-amd64/ I cannot boot with sev on
— this only works without launchSecurity sev

virsh destroy buster-amd64 ; virsh undefine buster-amd64 --nvram
virt-install --virt-type kvm --name buster-amd64 \
--boot uefi \
--location http://deb.debian.org/debian/dists/buster/main/installer-amd64/ \
--network network=ovs-test,model=virtio,driver.iommu=on  \
--os-variant debian10 \
--graphics vnc,keymap=de,password='testing passwd'  \
--video=cirrus  \
--disk size=20 --memory 4096 \
--memtune hard_limit=4563402 \
--launchSecurity sev