Re: how to to start X Window in debian-live-11.0.0-i386-standard.iso

On Sat, Aug 14, 2021 at 11:22:12PM -0400, lou wrote:

> On 8/14/21 11:08 PM, Weaver wrote:
> >
> > At the prompt, type `startx'.
> > Depending on permissions, you may need to become root.
> > Cheers!
> >
> > Harry.
> >

> startx don't seem to be included in ISO image
>
> and what is password for root?

Debian-standard live image? Doesn't include X / X apps - it's just the
core of Debian - standard packages, command line only.

Default user name is user - default is to use sudo (I think) so sudo su -
will get you a root prompt.

Use one of the other images that have gnome/cinnamon or similar in their names

Hope this helps,

Andy Cater