Re: how to to start X Window in debian-live-11.0.0-i386-standard.iso

On Sat, Aug 14, 2021 at 11:03:37PM -0400, lou wrote:
> i've copied debian-live-11.0.0-i386-standard.iso  to USB stick and run it
>
> X app are included, but how to start X Window?

The "-standard" in the image name means that this is a "Standard" Debian
installation, with no Desktop Environment.  It probably doesn't have an X
server either, or X fonts, or any of the other things you would need in
order to actually run an X session locally.

A quick web search found a list of the packages on this image:

https://cdimage.debian.org/debian-cd/current-live/amd64/iso-hybrid/debian-live-11.0.0-amd64-standard.packages

As I expected, there is no X server, even though there are a few X
client programs.  There's no way you'll be able to start an X session
from this image.  It's meant for console/server use only.