Re: OFFLIST: Gnome desktop removal messed up machine

<tomas@tuxteam.de> writes:

> It's fascinating how differently brains seem to be wired up. Awesome's
> idea convinced me at first sight. So after my DE excursion (Gnome, then
> XFCE, and deciding that no, I don't want anyone mounting my USB sticks
> for me or limiting what I can do with my keyboard) I tried Awesome for
> a while. I never got the hang of it.

Well, it wasn't a straight transition for me either. I tried at least
dwm before Awesome and I'm fairly sure one or two other tiling
WMs. Awesome clicked while the others felt more DIY than I like. I think
I understood the idea of being able to tag apps and in that way easily
select what apps are visible when I choose a tag. That wasn't easy to
setup though so it came later.