Re: OFFLIST: Gnome desktop removal messed up machine

Steve.
At least Debian works better in this old Mac best of all else I've tried. Debian is very instructive, which in itself is an argument to use it for a newbie in IT & Linux.
BR,
Gunnar.
PS.
And level of patience, respect & even humility is a bit higher here than the smaller, also quick response, helpsite I used in another Linux distro. That bit is necessary for me to keep focus.
DS.