Re: bad experience with Thunderbird for IRC (OFTC) ?

On 05.08.21 15:28, Marco Möller wrote:
Hello! Do you have bad experience using Thunderbird as an IRC client for IRC in the OFTC network? In the past I used HexChat, now running KDE Plasma I am considering Konversation to be an option, but as I anyway use Thunderbird for email, maybe I simply use Thunderbird also for IRC?
Thanks for sharing your experience with Thunderbird for IRC! Marco.

Answering to myself after giving it a short try on #debian at OFTC:
I quickly found out that Thunderbird as an IRC client does not allow to configure it sufficiently to the wanted/needed details. GUI and and Login options miss to much in comparison to Konversation or HexChat.