AMD Ryzen 5600G now available

At various times, people on this list have talked about optimal
price/performance desktop systems intended to run Debian.

The AMD Ryzen 5600G is now out; the first price I saw for it was
$265 US including shipping.

It's a 6 core, 12 thread CPU + AMD GPU suitable for the vast
majority of non-gaming tasks. At 65W, it eats much less
electricity than the combination of an equivalent CPU plus a
minimal GPU. And the single threaded performance is very good
indeed.

Debian is generally very happy running on this series of CPUs
and, after amd-firmware-nonfree is installed, also happy with
the GPU family with X11.

A specific firmware will likely be needed; that won't be in
bullseye but I expect it will show up in bullseye-backports soon
after bullseye launches.

If I hadn't recently upgraded my desktop at home to a 3600, I
would certainly be getting one of these. I'm coming up for a
desktop refresh at work and will see what I can do to convince
the powers that be that this is an economical choice.

-dsr-