Re: losetup: cannot find an unused loop device , kernel config of loopback device

Hi,

The Wanderer wrote:
> It might be worth filing a documentation-level kernel bug report about
> this, or at least posting to the LKML to ask what the reasoning here is.

... together with a handful of sr and isofs bug fixes, if this was an
ideal world. {:)

The Wanderer wrote:
> Debian started putting the kernel
> config on-disk instead, under the filename /boot/config-`uname -r`.

Ah yes. That exists here and says
  CONFIG_BLK_DEV_LOOP=m

(Last year i igot missing CONFIG_BLK_DEV_LOOP by not running
   make oldconfig
 before compiling the kernel source.)

> If -
> as the OP stated - the kernel config is not present in that location,
> then either there's information we're not being provided, or something
> is wrong.

In any case i should read original posts more carefully.

Have a nice day :)

Thomas