Re: Persistent names for audio devices.

On Fri, Jul 30, 2021 at 05:55:43AM -0700, peter@easthope.ca wrote:
>     From: Reco <recoverym4n@enotuniq.net>
>     Date: Fri, 30 Jul 2021 08:56:04 +0300
> > You could've started a new thread as well.
>
> For sure at least one reader would think "#$%&*, there he goes; another thread broken!"

Broken threads are usual sight here these days. Too many people using
$DEITY knows what instead of a good and proper MUA :)
Heck, "many readers" do not even know that e-mail is threaded by its
very nature.

> > aplay -L
> > arecord -L
>
> peter@joule:/home/peter$ aplay -L

Aha. So, will this work?
aplay -d dmix:CARD=Set,DEV=0 /usr/share/sounds/alsa/Noise.wav

Or this:
aplay -D plughw:CARD=Set,DEV=0 /usr/share/sounds/alsa/Noise.wav

And likewise:
aplay -D dmix:CARD=U0x46d0x807,DEV=0 /usr/share/sounds/alsa/noise.wav
aplay -D plughw:CARD=U0x46d0x807,DEV=0 /usr/share/sounds/alsa/noise.wav

I'm unsure what should "usbstream:CARD=Set" do, but try it as well.

> > And, since I mentioned that then - installing pulseaudio could solve
> > this problem too.
>
> Since the earlier discussion, pulseaudio was here.  Another layer of
> complexity without solving the identity problem, for me at least.

I used to dislike it too. Things had changed in this regard once I've
obtained a Bluetooth headset.

Reco