Re: Debmirror

Hi,

>> Yes, just copy the *Release* file.
>
> The "*"s were wildcards, not emphasis.

That's *confusing*

>> But doing things like trained monkey doesn't go nowhere.
>> [ … ] First thing is understanding why, so that the
>> choice I'll make …
>
> Sure. It generally behoves one to understand any post here
> before acting on it, especially when it involves security.
> As I said, I don't condone what you're doing, so I'm not
> going to spend time thinking about it.

I think we might have got misunderstood.
> BTW,
>
>> Please don't write me (again) it's bad to create a local copy of
>> security-update.
>
> I don't think I did, in either post. But neither do I want the
> appearance of supporting what you're doing, by replying to your posts.

I didn't talk about you.
This was in my original post and was a message to everyone on the
mailing list who write me many time that it's bad to create a local
security update repository.

But I have bandwidth limitation on some client (they don't have
unlimited) so I have to do as much possible from my portable HD.

> Cheers,
> David.

Cheers (and beers)
--