Re: location of screenshots during debian install

On 27/07/21 7:14 pm, Jupiter777 wrote:

hello,

I am in the middle of installing buster 10.10.x on my computer.

I see that I can take screenshots as the dialog boxes tell me:

   Screenshot Saved as /var/log/<filename>

But /var/log is not on the bootable  usb I am using ...

Where are the screenshots?  I like to  use them for troubleshooting?

I've never used this facility, so I'm only guessing.

But if they're not on the installer media, then they're presumably on the disk you're installing to, which is mounted on /target/ during the installation - so /target/var/log/<filename>.

Whether and how you can get them off that disk if you haven't finished the installation is a different matter, of course :-)

Richard