Clean install or update

Polyna,
I prefer clean install because my old computer often crashes after updating.
According to my expert friend, Linus Torvalds "user space respect" means he asks developers Not to invade / destroy user space; crashing some computers
cos they`re thinking "it`ll work for most users, so we`re going for it". 2 ways to crash my computer:

1. Force it to use 64 bits not 32 bits.
2. Force it to use UEFI and not the BIOS & bios-grub

I suppose there are many other ways, like new, wrong drivers.
I wish you a marvellous day of social interactions in love & respect.
BR,
geg