Re: Read-only bug ?

On Sun, Jul 25, 2021 at 03:36:32PM -0400, Polyna-Maude Racicot-Summerside wrote:
> Hi !
> I'm doing a Debian partial mirror using debmirror.
> After around 65%, it fails saying "can't write file xxxx is read-only".
> I unmount the partition.
> Mount it back (external hard drive).
> And now it goes great...
>
> Someone ever had a similar problem ?

Usually the kernel will remount the partition read-only when there has
been an I/O error accessing it. Have a look at your logs (unless the
logs are on the same partition...)

One question: did it say "file" read only or "file system" read only?
My attempt at an explanation would expect the second.

In that case, you better make a file system check before mounting...

And keep an eye on your hardware :-)

Cheers
 - t