Re: Read-only bug ?

Hi,

On 2021-07-25 3:41 p.m., tomas@tuxteam.de wrote:
> On Sun, Jul 25, 2021 at 03:36:32PM -0400, Polyna-Maude Racicot-Summerside wrote:
>> Hi !
>> I'm doing a Debian partial mirror using debmirror.
>> After around 65%, it fails saying "can't write file xxxx is read-only".
>> I unmount the partition.
>> Mount it back (external hard drive).
>> And now it goes great...
>>
>> Someone ever had a similar problem ?

I never really used this hard drive before.
What I did see is that I mistakenly unplugged it before doing a complete
unmount.
Gnome automaticly mounted that partiton and I also mounted it.
So I unmounted mine but forgot to unmount Gnome's mountpoint when I
unplugged.

Will do some test.

I was planning to buy a PCI USB 3.0 card so this will be another reason
to do so.

> Usually the kernel will remount the partition read-only when there has
> been an I/O error accessing it. Have a look at your logs (unless the
> logs are on the same partition...)

Was some error on the logs.

> One question: did it say "file" read only or "file system" read only?
> My attempt at an explanation would expect the second.
>
> In that case, you better make a file system check before mounting...

Doing e2fsck

--
Polyna-Maude R.-Summerside