Re: How do I mount the USB stick containing the installer in Rescue Mode?

On Thu 15 Jul 2021 at 20:29:53 (+0200), Stella Ashburne wrote:
> > Sent: Thursday, July 15, 2021 at 3:49 PM
> > From: "David Wright" <deblis@lionunicorn.co.uk>
> > To: debian-user@lists.debian.org
> > Subject: Re: How do I mount the USB stick containing the installer in Rescue Mode?
> >
> > This
> > might help the OP boot the system manually and recover the blue
> > Grub menu.
> >
> That's very nice of you, David.

Best I can do. (And I see that your kernel's naming of sda/sdb
is more stable than on at least a couple of my machines.)

It might be worth posting a request for the stanza I asked for,
but as a new topic with a specific Subject line. I can't see
why you shouldn't be able to boot your system with manual Grub
commands. I was surprised how easy it was with an encrypted root
filesystem, needing no more than just the usual three lines:
set root=, linux and initrd. The only unusual thing was that
the foo in linux root=foo … is not visible with Grub>
commands (because it's still locked inside the encryption).

Cheers,
David.