Re: How do I mount the USB stick containing the installer in Rescue Mode?

On Thu 15 Jul 2021 at 14:59:36 (+0300), Reco wrote:
> On Thu, Jul 15, 2021 at 01:52:12PM +0200, Stella Ashburne wrote:
> > > A usual thing with the modern desktop environments.
> > > Check the output of "mount" and "df -Th" and /dev/sdb1 will probably be
> > > there. I'd like to see the output of these commands too, btw.
> > >
> > Output of mount is
> >
> > root@perfect:/# mount
> > /dev/mapper/perfect--vg-root on / type ext4 (rw,relatime)
> > devtmpfs on /dev type devtmpfs (rw,relatime,size=8137669k,nr_inodes=2034417,mode=755)
> > proc on /proc type proc (rw,relatime)
> > sysfs on /sys type sysfs (rw,relatime)
> > tmpfs on /run type tmpfs (rw,nosuid,relatime,size=1629756k,mode=755)
> > root@perfect:/#
>
> And yet it fails to mount /dev/sdb1. Interesting.
>
> Ok, how about this (I'm assuming that the USB stick in question is
> plugged in):

It was probably plugged in for booting, and so it's likely /dev/sda,
demoting the system drive to /dev/sdb.

> lsblk
>
> fdisk -l /dev/sdb
>
> file -sL /dev/sdb1
>
> ls -al /media/usbdisk
>
> mountpoint /media/usbdisk

I think I saw in a previous post of yours in June that you have not
only an encrypted system but also physical volumes and that lvm stuff.
Perhaps you might post the contents of the first menuentry stanza in
your grub.cfg, and confirm that your volumes are contained in an
outer encrypted partition (if I expressed that correctly). This
might help the OP boot the system manually and recover the blue
Grub menu.

Cheers,
David.