Re: Need help with ffmpeg installation - strange behaviour of my system - am I correct here?

Am 09.07.21 um 21:37 schrieb Brian:
On Fri 09 Jul 2021 at 15:05:20 -0400, Greg Wooledge wrote:

On Fri, Jul 09, 2021 at 08:41:17PM +0200, Joerg Kampmann wrote:
Hello - I tried to install ffmpeg (a normal Debian package) and got some
strange messages. the ffmpeg-group adviced me to go to a Debian group. I
hope I am correct here in this group.

I am running Debian 9 on a Fujitsu TX 100 S1 computer ...
This is not the current stable release.  You may wish to *consider*
upgrading, as running older releases tends to be incompatible with
the desire to install recent versions of web browsers, video players,
and other large and complicated packages.
yes I know, however I am running a rather old machine (TX 100 S1 from Fujitsu) and already tried to install Debian 10 which made my mouse-pointer awfully slow and "jumpy" ... therefore I stay with Debian 9 - however I try moving with the Debian 10 - trial-disk - but at a later time in August ...
The OP says:

   Hello - I tried to install ffmpeg...

This is on Debian 9. Either it installs or it doesn't. It did for me.

Not being the current release seems neither here nor there.

Joerg Kampmann, Dr. Dipl.-Phys - IBK-Consult for Climate Physics - non-profit -
D-31228 Peine +49-177-276-3140
www.ibk-consult.de - www.kampmannpeine.org
www.xing.com/hp/Joerg_Kampmann
www.xing.com/net/mathe
www.researchgate.net/profile/Joerg_Kampmann - https://independent.academia.edu/J%C3%B6rgKampmann
This e-mail may contain confidential and/or legally protected information.
If you are not the intended recipient (or have received this e-mail in
unauthorized copying, disclosure use or distribution of the material in
this e-mail is strictly forbidden.
Diese E-Mail enthält vertrauliche und/oder rechtlich geschuetzte Informationen.
Wenn Sie nicht der richtige Adressat sind oder diese E-Mail irrtuemlich
erhalten haben, informieren Sie bitte sofort den Absender und loeschen
Sie diese Mail