Re: Need help with ffmpeg installation - strange behaviour of my system - am I correct here?

Joerg Kampmann <ibk-klima-vortrag@ibk-consult.de> writes:

> Hello group I wanted to install ffmpeg under Debian 9 and got some errormessages (in German):

How about errormessages not in German? LANG=en_US.utf8 apt install ffmpeg?

>  ffmpeg : Hängt ab von: libavcodec58 (>= 10:4.1.6) soll aber nicht
> installiert werden

https://packages.debian.org/stretch/ffmpeg says ffmpeg in Stretch
depends on libavcodec57, not 58. Could it be you've configured Debian
Multimedia repository for Debian 10 for your Debian 9 system?