Re: Bullseye installation problem

Chris Bell composed on 2021-07-05 18:22 (UTC+0100):

> Machine HP Proliant ML150 with 5GB RAM and currently a single HDD. I normally
> use a netinst CD created locally from the jigdo image (amd64).
> I have tried to install both basic bullseye rc1 and bullseye rc2 with SSH
> server several times over the last few days, using different netinst CD's, and
> each time the installation appears to be faultless until I try to boot the new
> installation. I just want to be able to login locally, do a small amount of
> configuration, and then login remotely over the network. The GRUB display is
> normal, but then the SVGA monitor only shows a single message about

> VMX outside text (disabled by BIOS)

> before the monitor complains that the video is out of range and gives up....

Is firmware for your graphics device installed?

Try working around the immediate problem by appending nomodeset to the
kernel command line via E key at Grub menu. For most graphics chips,
nomodeset blocks a requirement of most AMD, Intel and NVidia GPUs X
drivers, enabled KMS, so using it is little but a crutch to enable
reconfiguration and troubleshooting [1].

What is output from
		lspci -nnk | grep -A3 VGA

[1]
https://en.opensuse.org/SDB:Nomodeset:_Work_Around_Graphic_Upgrade_&_Installation_Obstacles
--
Evolution as taught in public schools is, like religion,
	based on faith, not based on science.

Felix Miata