Re: MTA

Polyna-Maude Racicot-Summerside writes:
> I agree with you, people who SPAM do have the infrastructure to make
> their domain resolution match, both forward, reverse and possibly
> side-way if there's a need. They have huge amount of resources to do
> so, they may even locate their server farm (physical) in some
> jurisdiction who give them free play and doesn't enforce (or simple
> doesn't have) law regarding the unsolicited mail.

Much of the spam I see comes from hijacked servers and uses a valid
"From:" address that points to that server.  All the headers are valid.
I think that they have realized that the people they target see nothing
odd about

From: Newsguy <spammer7@hijackeddomain.com>
Subject:  Account suspended

Your account has been temporarily suspended.  Click
<credentialstheft.com> to have it reinstated.

No reverse-match checking can catch that.
--
John Hasler
john@sugarbit.com