Re: MTA

On 2021-07-05 10:22:26 -0400, Polyna-Maude Racicot-Summerside wrote:
> What annoy my is that I am paying for a dedicated IP for my server (in
> shared hosting) and I believe it must be a mis-configuration I've done,

Yes, a mis-configuration in your case (see my other mail message).

> I agree with you, people who SPAM do have the infrastructure to make
> their domain resolution match, both forward, reverse and possibly
> side-way if there's a need. They have huge amount of resources to do so,
> they may even locate their server farm (physical) in some jurisdiction
> who give them free play and doesn't enforce (or simple doesn't have) law
> regarding the unsolicited mail.

In particular, snowshoe spamming...

(I blacklist the corresponding IP blocks completely, and check the logs
from time to time. But this is always 100% spam.)

But some spammers also use compromised machines, which normally never
send mail directly, so that some of them are not configured with a
valid reverse. That's why rejecting such suspicious mail may be
useful (I would rather do that combined with countries, e.g. China,
if possible).