Re: Useful use of dd [was: Useless use of "dd"]

On Sat, Jul 03, 2021 at 10:14:46AM +0300, Gunnar Gervin wrote:
> Hi, Debian user 'club':
> How can I get off this list in Android mobile?

No idea about Android mobile (whatever that is ;-) but every mail you
receive via this list carries the instructions. Look at the headers
(however your mail client may show them to you). You'll find a couple
of them starting with "List-", here they are for the mail I'm answering
to:

Of special interest is the last one, named "List-Unsubscribe". It says
<mailto:debian-user-request@lists.debian.org?subject=unsubscribe>. So
just do this: send a mail to <debian-user-request@lists.debian.org>
with the subject "unsubscribe".

Depending on your mail program, just clicking on this <mailto:> URL
does this for you.

You'll receive a confirmation mail (just to double-check that it was
you who sent the mail, as opposed to someone playing a prank on you).
Follow the instructions there, done.

Cheers
 - t