Re: X server running on a different machine [Re: Wanted: a special purpose Debian installer]

On Wed, Jun 30, 2021 at 05:23:49AM -0400, Polyna-Maude Racicot-Summerside wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On 2021-06-30 4:32 a.m., Andrei POPESCU wrote:
> > On Ma, 29 iun 21, 17:08:16, Polyna-Maude Racicot-Summerside wrote:
> >>
> >> I can only hope that one day someone will knock you off with a shovel in
> >> the face because you said something wrong. This will be a great day and
> >> you'll get back what you serve to others.
> >
> > Seriously?
> >
> Yes, whatever great idea you have, even if others are wrong in what they
> say. Nothing justify being rude and lacking respect.

Sorry, Polyna -- I've to agree with Andrei here. "Knocking someone off
with a showel in the face" is, in this context, in my eyes as harsh as
any swear word can be. Even if you relativise it later.

I have the impression that with "swear word" you are alluding to Greg's
in that other thread which converged to "xhost +", and no, I didn't
like that either. Not so much the swear word as rather the generally
aggresive undertone Greg had.

FWIW I don't mind swear words whenever they're not aimed at people,
but since the latter is pretty difficult to pin down "objectively",
independently of cultural background and current perception, I'm fine
with a "no swear word" policy in such a broad mailing list.

Cheers, thanks
 - tomás