Re: Can MATE DE be attractive as well as functional

On 27/6/21 5:07 am, Bret Busby wrote:
On 27/6/21 4:30 am, Richard Owlett wrote:
Can icons placed on desktop be in a regular geometric pattern.
I think it tries to do that. But over the years I've had differing monitor geometries. Does operator have any control over where next icon is placed?

Just curious ;/
TIA

This is not an answer to your question, but, rather, something that arises, because of your question.

You have posted to this list, a number of different queries, relating to the MATE interface.

This also happens on the Ubuntu users list.

Just to clarify - I did not mean that Richard Owlett also posts queries about the MATE desktop environment, to the Ubuntu users list; what I meant (and, should have explicitly worded), is that queries also get posted to the Ubuntu users mailing list, relating to the MATE desktop environment and its applications.

--
Bret Busby
Armadale