Re: A feasible method to add examples to man pages?

> That's what I get for blindly copying and pasting the "directions" from
> Github. I should've have just told Monnier that the whole shebang
> can be installed locally, which renders inoperative his nitpick about
> not having the Net when he needs to cheat the most (or most often).

The difference is that the manpages get installed automatically along
with the software, so they're always there, always uptodate, without me
having to think about it beforehand, without having to choose where to
install them, nor remember where I installed them.

Don't get me wrong: all it means is that I think we want to keep *some*
examples in the manpages.  IOW, I was just pointing out that the main
benefit of manpages is that they're local and work in almost all
situations.  They don't need to contain all the info you'll ever want to
know, but I usually welcome a few examples in there ;-)

        Stefan