Re: How do I permanently disable unattended downloads of software/security updates?

Hi Stella,

>> NB: You can still filter `apt-cache rdepends` results with some other switches like `--no-pre-depends`,  `--no-recommends`,  `--no-suggests`,  `--no-conflicts`,  `--no-breaks`, `--no-replaces` and `--no-enhances`.
>>

> Thanks for the above tip.
>
> Can I do something like the following using your above filters?
>
> sudo apt rdepends <package-name> --no-recommends
> sudo apt rdepends <package-name> --no-suggests

Yes, sure but try it by yourself and you'll see it works (with `apt rdepends` or even `apt-cache rdepends`)
NB: You do not need `sudo` here.

Can you provide us with the output of the following commands?

crontab -l
sudo crontab -l
cat /etc/crontab
ls -l /etc/cron.*
dpkg -l | grep -i apt

>> NB: If not explicitely mentioned by a debian-user poster, most of the time (s)he is a subscriber of this mailing-list. At least I am, so you can omit my email address in each of your answers (I'm currently receiving all your emails twice) ;)
>>

> I apologize if I have caused inconvenience to you and shall remember to remove your email address when I reply to yours.

No worries...

Best regards,
l0f4r0