Re: which command can show if usb 3.0 is used

On 2021-06-01 4:54 a.m., Andrei POPESCU wrote:
> On Lu, 31 mai 21, 13:41:43, Polyna-Maude Racicot-Summerside wrote:

>>> Now be easy on others, will you?
>>>
>>> Sometimes I send out a help request to immediately slap my forehead:
>>> the answer was written on the package ;-)
>>>
>> Well maybe you forgot a basic rule of life, not only computing.
>> You are responsible for your own success. Before asking for help, do
>> something to find a solution yourself.
>>
>> Oh, no, too complicated to look on packages.debian.org so I'll ask on
>> the mailing list what's the latest version of package xyz and if it's
>> available in backports.
>>
>> Oh, no, too complicated to do a man dd to know what are the command line
>> options. I'll just ask on the mailing list...
>>
>> If you don't bother making little effort then people won't make them
>> either. So when you ask question, it will just be "Oh this guy always
>> ask dumb question, now he asked a good question but if he ask so simple
>> question most of the time, this mean I'll have to explain everything to
>> him. If a he doesn't know what this word mean then I'll need to explain
>> it too, because he won't even take the time to check what it means. He's
>> just gonna ask me back what's a "canarie" or what's the "stack" when we
>> are talking about buffer overflow.
>>
>> Do I really want to get into all this ? No...
>> So I won't answer and you loose your chance to get real help when it's
>> for something that you won't find easily the answer...
>
> While I mostly agree with your point, I believe it can be done better,
> nicer, and ultimately more helpful.
>
> Since you've been pointing people to ESR's writings, allow me to suggest
> you (re)read the section entitled "How to Answer Questions in a Helpful

> Way", from his famous "How To Ask Questions The Smart Way" essay[1].
>
> http://www.catb.org/esr/faqs/smart-questions.html#idm667
>
> [1] which I believe is at least slightly outdated in regards to
> communication style in general.
>
> Kind regards,
> Andrei

I've said what I think is the closest to the truth.
Now if someone don't like the hint I gave him, he can simply ignore what
I write, the same way I'll ignore most questions that seem much like RTFM.

It seems to be this type of thinking that sound like "Why read a book
when I can ask question". Exactly.... Why be smart and understand how
things work (so I don't have to ask questions) when I can simply learn
how to repeat like a parrot.

--
Polyna-Maude R.-Summerside