Re: thunderbird

On 2021-05-30 at 20:59, James Wallen wrote:

> On 5/30/21 8:03 PM, rust wrote:
>> On 5/30/21 9:00 PM, James Wallen wrote:
>>
>>> If I could find a text / TUI mode calendar to work with mutt I'd
>>>  certainly like to switch.

>> I'm not sure exactly what you mean by "work with mutt", but
>> khalendar is pretty cool.
>
> I'm unable to locate "khalendar" in the repositories. I can't even
> find mention of it in general search engines. Is there a home url for
> it? Does the "k" at the beginning of the name indicate that it is
> part of kde?

I had the same problem, but a bit of guesswork involving 'apt-cache
search alendar' led me to the package 'khal', which looks like probably
what was being referenced.

> Thunderbird and its calendar (derived from Lightning) are nicely
> integrated, with the exception of the calendar requiring a lot of
> mousing around to use it. You can send and receive invitations or
> assignments for appointments / events / tasks.

I'm sure it's nice, but I don't use it myself (despite being a
longstanding user of Thunderbird), specifically because it is
integrated; I want a standalone calendar tool, and in fact I found
Sunbird (which I understand to be the ancestor of Lightning) almost
ideal, back before the ability to build that separately was dropped.

--
   The Wanderer