Re: generate a rss.xml from a bunch of HTML files

Andrei POPESCU wrote:

>> ... no one did it? :O
>
> In FLOSS this usually means nobody else needed it.

Impossible in this, basic case. The static generator guys who
also did the RSS as mentioned already needed it, and did it,
only not modular to fit this purpose (IIUC from reading here).

> Why do you need it? Maybe we can suggest other means to
> achieve your (true) goal.

True goal!

I have a blog [1], just a bunch of HTML5/CSS files, absolutely
nothing advanced, and I'd like an RSS file [2] which is
generated from the HTML files (not the CSS, so even simpler
actually) so I for example can submit it here [2] and read it
with Gnus :)

So one needs a parser to parse the HTML, dispose of
unnecessary stuff, walk the tree (ha) and output it as
an RSS file.

Then I can have a Makefile to update the RSS file if and when
I do changes and add more posts.

[1] https://dataswamp.org/~incal/blog
[2] http://gwene.org

--