Re: URGENT..! Very annoying when UPDATE = debian.map.fastlydns.net

On 2021-05-06 at 08:28, Andrei POPESCU wrote:

> On Jo, 06 mai 21, 13:16:36, tomas@tuxteam.de wrote:
>
>> On Thu, May 06, 2021 at 07:00:02AM -0400, The Wanderer wrote:
>>
>> [...]
>>
>> > The only options I see offhand (though I'm sure I'm missing some) are A:
>> > that the debian.map.fastlydns.net mirror is in fact not functioning
>> > correctly for anyone at present, or B: that for some reason the
>> > complainer's Internet access is being blocked/filtered in a way which
>> > prevents access to that mirror without preventing access to e.g. this
>> > mailing list.
>>
>> FWIW, I get a connect, but the page's content is something like
>>
>>  | Fastly error: unknown domain: debian.map.fastlydns.net. Please check that this domain has been added to a service.
>>  | Details: cache-hhn11565-HHN
>>
>> The HTTP code is 500 (had to resort to curl to get that. Browsers
>> are getting more useless at each minor version, it seems :-(
>>
>> So I'd go with (A). The fastlydns folks gotta something to fix.
>
> Maybe this helps (though it might be outdated):
>
>     https://deb.debian.org

That's the mirror auto-selector which the original complainant here was
using, and which apparently chose debian.map.fastlydns.net as the mirror
to be used, which led to the error which was the subject of the complaint.

IOW, I think that site is part of the problem (in that it has a broken
mirror listed), but I don't see how it could help. Is there a part of
your suggestion I'm not understanding?

--
   The Wanderer